24% Increase in Bio-Gas output
Prior to the anaerobic digestion of food waste containing Animal By-Products (ABPs), pre-treatment in accordance with the Animal By-Product Regulation (ABPR) is required. The following are the comparative results of an evaluation of the efficiency of three different food waste pre-treatment processes, namely Thermal Hydrolysis Process (THP), Auto-thermal Thermophillic Aerobic Digestion (ATAD) and our SoniqueFlo Anaerobic Digestion Process (ADP) providing Supersonic steam injection, against conventional pasteurisation in order to establish their impact on the digestibility in an anaerobic digester and to confirm their pathogen kill capacity.
SoniqueFlo Anaerobic Digestion is a pre-treatment for pathogen kill providing food waste pasteurization that is subject to Animal By-Product Regulation (ABPR).
The use of SoniqueFlo Processing Equipment is instant when compared to:
- 72hrs with Auto-thermal Thermophilic Aerobic Digestion (ATAD); or,
- 3hrs for Thermal Hydrolysis Process (THP).
Further benefits include:
- Small footprint is 10-50m2 compared to 3000-3700m2 for ATAD
- 30% greater CH4 gas than THP
- Low Capital Expenditure compared to any other solutions
- Process from 4 ton/hr up to 440 ton/hr up to 700,000 tonne per year